Three SOLO (Automation Direct) Temperature controllers across the bottom are (L - R):
1. Kettle temperature - display only, no control
2. Dephlegmator temperature - This provides control of cooling water sent to the dephlegmator. Set the head temperature for the desired proof out.
3. Spirit Output temperature - This provides an audible alarm and emergency release of cooling water to the Alfa Laval condenser in case output product exceeds a pre-set threshold.
The controller also provides:
- Steam Boiler E-Stop output
- Auto/Manual activation of the Wash Return Pump
- Auto/Manual control of Dephlegmator cooling water
- Override of output over-temp audible alarm
Cooling Water Manifold
The Cooling water Manifold has 4 legs (left to right):
1. Dephlegmator Automatic - Electric variable valve visible in upper left, driven by the Still Controller
2. Dephlegmator Manual - typically unused
3. Alfa Laval Manual - typically used for condensing spirits
4. Alfa Laval Automatic - Electric solenoid valve visible in center (Provides emergency cooling in case of over temp in product out.)